|Gado Gado with Peanut Sauce|
- Blanch or steam a selection of vegetables I have used snow peas, sweet potato, pumpkin, cabbage and cauliflower... these should still have a little crunch to the bite.
- Display these seperately on the serving plate and add a layer of satay sauce.
- Top this with your selection of salads I have used tomatoes, capsicum and cucumber.
- Top with some more warm satay sauce.
- Finally add a hard boiled egg and shredded corriander.
Simple Peanut Sauce
- In a medium saucepan soften some diced onion, chilli and garlic in a little peanut oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add about 200 grams of unsalted peanuts to toast.
- When golden brown whiz up into a paste in your food processor.
- Return to the saucepan and add a can of coconut milk a dash of fish sauce, the juice of a lime, a splosh of ketjap manus and a couple of tablespoons of palm sugar.
- Simmer gently until the sauce reduces and thickens ... delicious home made sauce however if you decide to buy one please choose a quality authentic sauce as it is a very large part of the success of this dish.