Friday, May 25, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
Caramelised Herb Pumpkin slices, Sauté Celery Zucchini and Cauliflower with fennel seed, Caramelised Red Onion, Mashed Potatoes with cream, Steamed Spinach.
|Caramelised Red Onion - Steamed Spinach - Mashed Potatoes with cream|
Thursday, May 10, 2012
|Soft Poached Eggs|
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- Slice 3 or 4 large zucchini's into pieces about a 1/4 inch thick... flour, egg and breadcrumb them with an Italian inspired breadcrumb.
- When coated fry them in about 1/4 inch of clean hot olive oil in a heavy based pan being careful not to burn or let them start to smoke because they will take on a burnt flavour... just a nice golden brown. Change the oil when necessary.
- Layer a lasagne pan starting with a small amount of sauce, breaded zucchini, mozzarella and repeat ending with a layer of cheese and add some extra Parmesan cheese to the top layer... cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to marry the flavours.
- Bake for about 35 minutes in a moderate 180 oven to heat through and brown the top for serving.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
- It can be made up following the instructions on the pack and served as they are... in about 60 minutes.
- The same pack can be made into a vegetable soup by adding diced veggies and cooking it in a slow cooker on low over the day 7-8 hours if you want to have a go at that method.
- Or by using the same packet blend of whole grains and adding fresh vegetables along with some browned chicken to end up with a "Chicken and Vegetable Soup".
|Fresh diced vegetables of your choice|
- In a little olive oil soften an onion, half dozen sliced spring onions, a couple of stalks of celery and a couple cloves of crushed garlic until translucent.
- Then add diced carrots, pumpkin, mushrooms and zucchini until they start to soften.
- Finally add a tin of tomatoes, 1/2 cup of tomato puree, fresh herbs of thyme and parsley, the soup and spice mix and 2 litres of water... cover and simmer for about and hour until the barley is tender... Enjoy!
Labels: barley, carrots, celery, chicken, diced vegetables, garlic, haricot beans, mushrooms, onion, pumpkin, red lentils, slow cooker, tin tomatoes, Vegetable soup. McKenzie's country vegetable, yellow split peas, zucchini