|Creamy Garlic Seafood|
- In a large frying pan gently melt 125 grams of butter along with a large clove of crushed garlic and a few threads of saffron.
- When bubbling gently and the delicious smell of garlic is wafting add a couple of tablespoons of plain flour and cook gentle for at least a minute.
- To this mixture add a teaspoon of mustard and two tablespoons of dry white wine and stir through.
- Gradually add about two cups of chicken stock until you have a nice thick creamy sauce.
- Final touch of deliciousness is about 1/2 cup of cream.
This sauce can be prepared in advance and kept covered to prevent a skin forming until required.
- Warm sauce through and add the seafood of your choice I have used cubed fish and prawns as these both take only a couple of minutes to cook through ... fish will break apart easily and prawns will be a soft pink in colour when cooked.
- Heaps of fresh diced parsley finally to serve.
Served pictured on a bed of rice which has been cooked using the absorption method.
- Pan fry a finely diced onion in a knob of butter until softened add 1 cup of rice and stir through to coat ...
- Add two cups of chicken stock cover and bring to the boil then simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed.