|Macaroni Cheese with tuna, cauliflower and mushrooms|
- Cook about 400 grams of a small macaroni pasta of your choice and a half a head of cauliflower cut into small pieces in 3 cups of milk and one cup of water bought to the boil with a little salt added.
- While these are cooking ... in a frying pan over a low flame soften a diced onion, add a punnet of button mushrooms which have been quartered until also softened.
- To this mixture add a cup of white wine (I have used a Japanese Sake as it has a wonderful intense flavour)and reduce this gently until almost all gone. You can use a little stock if you prefer however the wine concentrates into nothing but flavour.
- When the pasta is just cooked strain off any remaining liquid that has not been absorbed and place the pasta and cauli into a large bowl.
- Add the mushroom and onion to this along with a small tub of ricotta cheese, a medium to large tin of tuna depending on the amount you prefer(I use one with chilli oil for a hint of spice without being hot ... remove the chilli's and oil from the tinned tuna first)
- Finally add about a cup of grated tasty cheese and spread our into a lasagne dish.
- Top with some breadcrumbs and a little more grated cheese and a slight drizzle of oil. Gently brown this under the grill or in the oven bringing the dish to the required eating temperature.
We enjoyed this dish picnic style at the outdoor cinema ... heat before leaving home, wrap in a tea towel to keep warm and served and enjoyed under the stars.