|Tofu & Sweet Corn Soup|
- Dice firm tofu into cubes and toss in a mixture of 2 tablespoons of cornflour and 1 teaspoon of vegetable stock powder to coat. This is a very delicate process, be gentle but still tastes great even if it breaks up so don't panic too much.
- Heat a good splosh of vegetable oil in a good sized heavy based saucepan and fry off a finely diced onion, chilli and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic until soft.
- Add the Tofu and fry until golden, 4-5 minutes... add a little stock from a 1 litre container of a good quality store bought product if it starts to stick mine did a little but still turned out great... Tofu takes on the flavour its added to so even though not really golden they still taste delicious.
- Add the remainder of the 1 litre of stock along with 2 tins of creamed corn and a cup of either tinned or fresh corn kernels and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Bring the soup to a gentle simmer and cook for about 15 mins until the soup has thickened a little.
- Serve with some natural yoghurt if desired and some fresh coriander leaves or chopped parsley.