Crepes/Pancakes - Sweet/Savoury - Both



Make a batter suitable for a thin crepe...below is my guide  and what I did for this batch...prepared ahead of time and reheated through when filled for tonight's tea.

  • 6tbs plain flour, 1 egg and the liquid portion is natural yoghurt, a dash of milk and water made up to 300ml...
  • I use a Bessemer pancake pan and bowl system but you can improvise if you aren't lucky enough to own these.Lime juice, sugar and cream... sweet crepe... what can I say other than today's lunch... yum!

  • Tea tonight are the same crepe served and presented in a square parcel with a mixture of caramelised onions & figs, pumpkin, mushroom,spinach and feta... topped with dressed salad leaves, avocado and icing sugar toasted heavenly almonds .
Pancakes are eaten today, Shrove Tuesday, the day before Lent commences. Pancakes are made from staples that would spoil if not eaten; flour, eggs, cream the consumption of which is traditionally restricted during the self-denial, associated with the 40 days of Lent which starts tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I was lucky enough to try the sweet ones!! DELISH!!! Although, seeing the figs on the counter, was quite peeved there wasn't an invite for dinner...What's for breakie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The savoury crepes were very special and absolutely wonderful... The presented meal was very professional and delicious as you can see from 2nd photo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this food, that plate was my dinner! Excellent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...