Breaded Scallops ... Herb and Pomegranate salad

I borrowed this recipe today and added my tweek to it which incidentally is what in my opinion all recipes including mine are for. Sharing them around and inspiring people to create is art in food and so very satisfying. 


Firstly flour egg and breadcrumb good quality large scallops. Into my breadcrumb I mixed a spoon full of chicken stock powder which adds a nice flavour. You could add anything you fancy but I would probably not use cheese as they will go very dark when cooked. 


Next prepare the herb salad. Again what ever you like. My choice turned out delicious and we used parsley, mint, basil, coriander and stems, chives and dill topped with Pomegranate for that touch of sweetness.
Blend together about 50ml of extra virgin olive oil a squeeze of fresh lemon and in my case I added a splosh of sweet chili sauce but if you prefer it hotter perhaps tabasco instead. Let the flavours blend while you cook the scallops adding just before serving. 


I deep fried in my small saucepan using rice oil however a vegetable oil would be just as good. I cooked 18 to serve two in batches of 3 at a time for about 2 or 3 minutes on each side. They will continue to cook from residue heat while draining.


Plate up at completion of cooking ...  adding the dressing to the tossed herb salad drizzling a little tartare sauce or try making a Herb Mayonnaise onto the tip of each scallop.


We thoroughly enjoy this light and refreshing meal. Could be served as an entree at a dinner party or a luncheon.

Comments