|Chicken Noodle Soup with some added freshness|
I have used a salt reduced packet of chicken noodle soup for this recipe and freshened it up with the quick addition of a couple of items. You are limited only by your imagination and this simple idea I hope will be inspiration for you to become creative. The only limitations are that what ever you add in the way of fresh veggies or noodles etc needs to cook in a five minute simmer situation.
- Make up the salt reduced chicken noodle soup following the directions on the packet ... bring a litre of water to the boil and add the soup mix.
- While the water is reaching the boil finely dice the stems of a small bunch of coriander which you have picked the leaves from and retained along with a small handful of finely sliced cabbage.
- Add both the coriander stems and the shredded cabbage at the same time as the soup mix and simmer all together as per the packet instructions.
- Two minutes before the finish of the simmer time add about a cup of crushed vermicelli rice noodles.
- Stir through the coriander leaves and serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice and cracked black pepper.