Vegetable Pancakes

Mock Fish or Vegetable Pancakes
Vegetable Pancakes
This is one of my favourite things to both create and eat... My Nan made them, and one of my earliest and fondest memories of her cooking involved her original version of these which, although I never understood at the time and still don't, she called "Mock Fish" ... and made them solely with potato. Mine is adapted to suit me and was a great way to get my kids to eat many veggies without complaint... you can adapt this to suit your tastes in your way also.
  • Grate into a large bowl similar amounts of your choice of vegetables ... I have used for this recipe sweet potato, potato, zucchini, pumpkin and onion... squeeze out as much of the liquid from the mix as you can.
  • Add to this a couple of spoons of flour and a lightly beaten egg to bind the mixture together.
  • Shallow fry in oil a spoonful or two of the mixture flattened out nice and thin... the vegetables are raw so they will need to be cooked all the way through.
  • Drain the patties on paper towel and repeat until all the mix is cooked.
  • Serve with a light salad mine is baby spinach, asparagus,thinly sliced yellow capsicum and crumbled feta cheese dressed with balsamic and a little olive oil.

Comments